Gloworm 30CXI Not Lighting

Briansmad said:
could do put at moment got no torqe screwdrivers lol and have already ordered parts and torqe screwdrivers Thanks will see what happens nect week. Need it fixed before service bloke comes out.

LOL whens that Christmas :confused: :confused: :confused: :LOL:

Have you checked the pump works yet and the valves are open.

Sponsored Links
Got some screwdrivers could not be bothered to wait checked diverter and springs and things and all seem to be moving think it is time to give in and call engineers out.

Hello again have been reading other threads and have just turned the flow rate down on the boiler to about 5 liters a minute and the water is getting boiling hot anyideas????

what age is boiler f9 on some boilers ia global fault flow sensor have you blown down it should make whizzing noise look at impellors if they are white flow sensor old type new one should have black impellors old ones prone to jamming if none of these would suggest plate to plate check if badly blocked will dump water down by-pass into central heating

Sponsored Links
Boiler is about 18 mths old has white impeller in never blew down it but it span well with fingers should i try and blow down it see what happens?

impellors on your age boiler stick intermittatly thats why glow-worm changed to black impellors boiler might only be working on pre-heat the f9 fault is probably global i.e covering a multitude of faults if boiler is lighting and modulating down check left hand pipe central heating flow if hot would put money on blocked plate to plate

plate to plate needs to be taken out run under tap whilst tapping and shaking it you will get some crap outbut not all short term solution to get some hot water plate to plate will need replacing isolate boiler valves put u gauge hose on black drain off cock found under boiler towards rear open drain watere open tap to drain water side you will need tor driver undo to screwslift out plate to plate careful not to spill water on any electri components you will need to remove left hand cover from boiler to get plate out prviding enough romm say 6inches if not undo pipe from main heat exch and divertor blok push out of way to acces plate tor driver is best or you may knacker screws got mine from halfords there are four black washers make sure they are put back sounds complicated normally takes me 25 minutes to change

got it out full off black stuff anything else need cleaning while i'm here?

possibly diverter cart might be allright get as much crap out as you can but it will need replacing might pay you to flush and clean system as well

THANKS MATE fixed it can go in bath now instead of shower. Will get boiler serviced next week from glowworn and maybe take insurance out. lol

anyway to stop this from happening again??

The "black" stuff is called debris in the trade, or rather rudely "sludge".

This is usually the result of the installer of the boiler not bothering to powerflush the system according to the British Standards before fitting the boiler.

Since the installer was at fault he should be called back to powerflush the system.

Virtually all insurance schemes and BG 3 * service exclude problems caused by debris in the system.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back