Gloworm 30CXI Not Lighting

Well you 'll have to diagnose electrically then. Put it together and monitor the wire from the FS which goes to J7 or to the diverter which is on H5 , Page 36 of the book. Could be the FS, DV or PCB!

Sponsored Links
This Brian seems intent on taking the boiler apart and probably puts on more faults than he cures!!!

Its better to leave the boiler well alone other than user control testing and then spend some time thinking about the symptoms and likely causes.

Tony Glazier

Yeah we know about them - do a search!
I reread your last post - if the boiler is noticing that the HW has come on then it isn't the components last mentioned, tho still possibly pcb if it fires OK for CH.

Sponsored Links
Just tried new pressure sensor guess what not that. LOL. Just tried hot water again and checked radiator pipe. Touching this the pipe is redhot really hot indeed burned hands nearly burning. Think this would point to diverter. Can hear the diverter moving so think motor is fine is there anything else that can cause this probelem maybe a blockage or filter near there. Would i have to buy a motor or housing or both??? PLEASE HELP. ASAP.

As I said before:-

""This Brian seems intent on taking the boiler apart and probably puts on more faults than he cures!!!

Its better to leave the boiler well alone other than user control testing and then spend some time thinking about the symptoms and likely causes. ""

Dont you think it might be time to cut your losses and call in a CORGI registered boiler engineer, make sure its on a no fix no fee basis!

Do you have an electrical test meter? What does a diverter sound like when its moving? All those I have met all move silently! The diverter has several methods of failure, broken bits inside, stuck bits inside, seals slipped off etc.

Tony Glazier

Keep at it Brian! What a feeling of accomplishment you'll get when you get it working! Just keep focussing on the difficulty of getting the right sort of bloke round and when you do he'll probably want a pile of cash just to suck in through his teeth. If you get stuck call Gloworm!
DO tell us what it was when you find it. :D

Yep you all right i am not paying for a engineer when i can fix this my self with a little help from my friends. Costs £75+ for engineer plus parts + labour etc. parts are a lot cheaper diverter does make clicking sound when powered off on etc. Message for Agile Suppossed to be a help forum if you got no help for me do not post on my thread THANKS. Plus can send parts back may need to pay some silly restocking fee but hey who cares. Like previous person said you learn by your mistakes. So if i ever have a problem again or friend or family i will tackle this head on lol. As long as i do not touch gas supply its only water lol....

I thought I was being helpful, suggesting using a test meter, thinking about the symptoms rather than blindly changing parts, explaining what can go wrong inside a diverter valve etc.

Anyway, clearly he does not want my help so I will just watch. I know when I am not wanted! Funny though how so many people seem to pester me to come round and fix their boilers at all hours of the day.

Tony Glazier

Just tried hot water again and checked radiator pipe. Touching this the pipe is redhot really hot indeed burned hands nearly burning. Think this would point to diverter. Can hear the diverter moving so think motor is fine is there anything else that can cause this probelem maybe a blockage or filter near there. Would i have to buy a motor or housing or both??? PLEASE HELP. ASAP.

Ordered 110775 Glow-worm 801912 3-Way Valve Head
112729 Glow-worm 801903 3-Way Valve Cartridge
Hopefully will fix it but will wait and see as no help anymore?

Briansmad said:
Just tried hot water again and checked radiator pipe. Touching this the pipe is redhot really hot indeed burned hands nearly burning. Think this would point to diverter. Can hear the diverter moving so think motor is fine is there anything else that can cause this probelem maybe a blockage or filter near there. Would i have to buy a motor or housing or both??? PLEASE HELP. ASAP.

Why dont you take the valve head off to see if the pin is fully retracted for hw demand and then extends for ch.

could do put at moment got no torqe screwdrivers lol and have already ordered parts and torqe screwdrivers Thanks will see what happens nect week. Need it fixed before service bloke comes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back