glowworm 24 ci

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there.my glow-worm 24 ci has just stopped heating my water.it does the central heating ok but when i turn a hot tap on the flame goes out and the water goes cold. it has also started to make a funny noise when it stops.any ideas as to why it has started doing this would be appreciated.Its only about three years old and doesnt get abused because i live alone....Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
agree with kevplumb probably flow sensor same as xi range impellor probably sticking take it out and blow down it should whizz can free them but best to replace

Excatly the same as my problem. First i would suggest turning cold water on boiler down using the servive valve and see if it heats on reduced pressure READ my thread 30CXI not lighting. Someone told me this.. plate to plate needs to be taken out run under tap whilst tapping and shaking it you will get some rubbish outbut not all short term solution to get some hot water plate to plate will need replacing isolate boiler valves put u gauge hose on black drain off cock found under boiler towards rear open drain watere open tap to drain water side you will need tor driver undo to screwslift out plate to plate careful not to spill water on any electri components you will need to remove left hand cover from boiler to get plate out prviding enough romm say 6inches if not undo pipe from main heat exch and divertor blok push out of way to acces plate tor driver is best or you may knacker screws got mine from halfords there are four black washers make sure they are put back sounds complicated normally takes me 25 minutes to change. IT WORKED... Had to take all workings on left handside out to remove PLATE to PLATE. its made of stainless steel i used OUST lime scale thing for kettles and give it a really good clean from hose pipe down holes. now it is like new.

Sponsored Links
That was SERIOUSLY difficult to read. Suggest you purchase some commas and full stops!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back