glowworm combi F4 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a glowworm 24 ci combi boiler and since having the heat exchanger cleaned of scale about a year ago it has been working fine. This morning however there was no hot water and the boiler displayed a red light with F4. I switched off the powere supply then put it back on again and the boiler worked fine. Could someone explain what the F4 means ( I have mislaid the manual ) and is this likely to be the start of more problems or simply a hiccup. Thanks in advance, Jocojohn

Sponsored Links
I looked at the instructions for the 30ci as the 24ci does not seem to be on the GW site.

However it does not list an F4 code. Either your boiler is different or its not a valid code.

Its not that unusual for boilers to give unlisted codes. When I once enquired about one the answer came back as "boiler fault, other".

If its working OK then I suggest you forget about it until it happens again.

Tony

hi you sure its not the cxi, because theres no f4 on the ci, but on the cxi f4 is pointing towards an ignition fault e.g no gas or electrodes.

Sponsored Links
F4 states it is the flame going out during demand.

Could be ignition problem, gas valve, low gas pressure, ignition leads, air inlet blocked, flue duct leaking, condensate trap blocked, as taken from the Glow Worm manual

Hello again, its now been about 2 days since the problem and its still working ok. The pressure when cold is normally about 1.4 bar which goes up to about 3 bar when the heatings been on for a while. If it was a component failure why would switching off then on again fix things? Thanks again for all your replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back