Glowworm 30 Ci

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pressure reducing valve is dripping constantly slow but steady

Is this just a faulty valve or is there anything else to be aware of?

Any suggestions for where to get spares?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Sponsored Links
whats the pressure reading on the boiler?
Your best bet is to get a new prv, and then when you fit the new one, recharge the expansion vessel as described in the FAQ. You will probably be ok after this, unless the exp vessel hose connection is blocked(quite common on this model) then we'll be speaking again when you start using your heating. :D

Do you mean your pressure relief valve? As Mickyg says but no need to recharge vessel after fitting new prv as a rule.

is it the pressure relief valve or the reduced pressure zone valve.the rpz are quite common for going wrong.youll proberbly find the saunier duval themaclassic use the same parts. and are cheaper.

Sponsored Links
is it the pressure relief valve or the reduced pressure zone valve.the rpz are quite common for going wrong.youll proberbly find the saunier duval themaclassic use the same parts. and are cheaper.

Fan.
Air pressure switch.
Heat exchanger.
Overheat thermostat.
Combustion chamber.
Expansion vessel.
Ignition electrode.
Burner.
Flame sense electrode.
Pump.
Heating thermistor.
Ignition unit.
By-pass.
Gas control valve.
Loss of water sensor.
Domestic heat exchanger
3 way valve
Domestic water flow sensor
Filter cold water inlet
Filling system
Discharge safety valve (3bar)
Drain valve
Heating filter

Can`t find rpz Holty enlighten me mucker. ;)

Thanks

The pressure is 0.9, i assumed that a very small drop from 1.0 was just evaporation but it constantly dripping. I haven't topped it up for ages and wasn't aware it was leaking but it must have been for some time but the water has gone down the back of the cupboard

I read the manual and it shows the PRV which they call a "reduced pressure zone valve" there is an small threded outlet at the bottom of this where water is dripping from.

I replaced the water filling tap as the old one was worn out inside but that was last year and the boiler hadn't had any problems no loss of pressure or any warning lights. Hot water and heating function normally.

What would be the reason for the PRV to be leaking, is it just faulty or could there be any other underlying problem.

Am i correct that if i change the PRV i just need to refill the expassion vessel to get the system to 1.0 and thats it? the expansion vessel is filled by the filling tap allowing mains water to repressurise the system?

Thanks for the quick replies
Andy

the rpz (aka disconnector) is part of the filling system/loop.

Hi

Ive left it overnight no lose in pressure; (bucket under the boiler).

Not a lot of water but enough. any thoughts as to why the pressure has remained at 0.9?

Could you guys suggest places for parts, that you've used before and like.

Thanks

Hi where it is leaking from happens quite a lot on these boilers, you probably have left the blue filler tap on that's why the pressure is not dropping, turn it off and your leak will stop.

Thanks

I'll check that when i get home.

If the filling tap was left on / open even just a little bit ie enough to cause the boiler to discharge the excess, wouldn't the pressure have risen above 1.0?

Cheers

Hi

I tried the filling tap when i got home fully closed tight

I opened it closed it again i then tried letting some water through topping up the pressure to 1.0 bar then put a bit of tissue on the shelf below so far it hasn't dripped again since ???

Is it worth getting a replacement part or do you think it was a bit of dirt in it ??

Thanks

Thanks for the advice ill get the part.

What would cause the restriction of flow through the dhw plate exchanger if i change the disconnector will that just be a short fix or is there anything else that needs looking at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back