Glowworm 30CXi F3 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Looking for some help, I have a glowworm 30 CXi boiler, couple of nights ago the boiler switched off and displayed an F3 error and hasn't come back on since.

Heating engineer has been out and replaced the fan and then today the PCB. It's still not working, same error.

The fan doesn't start up when the boiler is switched on and there is no power to the fan.

Any idea's?

I have also checked the overtemp.

Bobby

Sponsored Links
I'd be checking the all the harness's and be looking at replacing the display if nothing else. The display pcb controls the fan speed. I'd also be getting a different engineer, sounds like he's guessing, you can do that yourself.

Sponsored Links
HI,

Thanks for all the replies, according to the manual there is no F3 fault it jumps from F1 to F4. I called the Glowworm consumer technline (at 50p per minute) and spoke to a techy, they said the F3 is more than likely related to the PCB or Fan, just like the engineer did, I told him they had been changed. He has suggested getting the engineer to call Glowworm and they will talk him through the fault diagnosis procedure. But this seems a bit hit and miss.

I checked all the connections and they were fine, however, I did notice that the connection from the PCB to the ZIG ignitor looks like it has shorted at some point, I am wondering if the ignitor is goosed and in some way this is stopping it from starting up.

I am technically qualified but not gas safe and very reticient about even touching the boiler, but for the sake of getting some heating I'm willing to try some basic stuff as long as its not related to the gas parts so any more guidance would be gratefully accepted.

Regards
Bobby

hi i am having exactly the same problem i'm gas safe trained and have spoken to glow worm and got the same non specific reponse they've said it either the PCB or the user interface when you turn the service Pot the display show 00 not the fan speed so they said it either the PCB not sending the fan speed to the user interface or the user interface not processing the information from the board... has anyone else had this??

cheers in advance

Hi,

When I had the original problem I eventually called a heating engineer out, they then called out a British Gas engineer. They swapped the Fan and PCB but it still caused the F3 error. they then traced all the wiring and it turned out to be a wiring fault from the pcb to the Fan I think.

They were very vague about it., it did take them 2 hours of checking wires using the wiring diagram.

Bobby

Hi all,

I had exactly the same problem, in the end i called out an engineer from Glow worm, just to warn you all it costs just short of £300 with a years warranty which also covered any other problems that may develop within this time. He firstly changed the main PCB but the problem was still there. Then he fitted a new fan/blower inside which is a smaller PCB, this fixed the problem so it was considered this smaller PCB was the reason the F3 code was displayed.

Good luck all, Mike169

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back