Glowworm 75p ignition issue (only works with inner case off)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hope someone can give me insight into my boiler problems......My glow worm 75p (yes its ancient) has had its issues over time currently I'm left with intermittent CH and HW so I stripped it again found the fan was spinning off center as a locking washer had broke, replaced that and the fan spins everything seemed to fire up but I found when putting everything back together when fitting the inner case (sealing the heat exchange chamber) the boiler doesn't ignite, remove the case, or just loosen a corner to allow air in slightly and it works - Can anyone explain it?

I'm thinking maybe its the APS but I'm unsure how to test it whether its worth swapping - or even if its the APS at all, I could be barking up the wrong tree...... :confused: Fairly certain its dangerous not to fit the inner case and seal off the chamber because of the fumes so everything is off for the time being.

Can you help? :?:

Sponsored Links
go to the gas safe website, put your postcode in the find an engineer section and you will have a choice of all the help you need

It would not surprise me if the boiler has now been replaced as that was seven years ago!

In any case as its a gas/combustion problem we cannot give detailed advice about the problem.

The obvious solution would be to call a competent boiler engineer.

Tony Glazier

I expected that my reply ( above ) to your first posting to another thread here would have made it clear to you that we do not give DIY advice on gas work!

The only advice we can give is that you call a competent gas registered engineer to diagnose and fix the problem!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back