Glowworm 80e popping and banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

When the boiler has been used for a while, after a long shower etc, the boiler often pops and bangs for a short while when it shuts down, why would this be?

thanks for any help

Jonnym2009

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if DHW demand SW is slow to release!

Tony

Not terribly good for the boiler being left doing that!

Tony

Ahh sounds about right. I'm replacing the membrane on the DHW this week as its leaking slightly around the sliding pin, the micro switch is also wet.

I will take a look at the assembly in general when its striped. When the boiler is off and the switch removed, if the hot water is run the pin seems to retract and release fine.

Could it be the micro switch its self which is to blame as its got wet?

thanks

Jonnym

Sponsored Links
Now you tell us!

If the switch is wet then it can conduct and switch the boiler on !!!

Thinking about I bought a new micro switch 2 years ago as it was wet and turning the boiler on. It was due to the leak from the flat upstairs as at the time the pin wasn't leaking.

That did turn the boiler on, this time it doesn't. So it looks like the switch is not the culprit.

Any other ideas? I was thinking possibly the Plate To Plate DHW Heat Exchanger might need flushing out or soaking? I'm not sure is popping banging would be the kind of noise it makes however.

what do you think

thanks

Jonnym

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back