Glowworm back boiler, Inset BBU 40 or 50.

Exactly and as I am not stupid! I am sensible and competent I will not be touching or moving the gas connector or pipes in any way shape or form.

I can buy a Glow-worm 801310 PCB and Thermostat 800999 for £110.00 and fit myself, Better then paying over £200 from glowworm. This depends on the full exact problem. I can follow instructions / diagrams.

You have already said that you can replace the PCB yourself but that will involve disconnecting a gas supply between the firs and the boiler.

As you are not stupid, you will know that these two of your statements cannot both be true, so one of them is not true.

My guess is that you DO intend to replace the PCB and disconnect the gas connection.

We do not give advice on DIY gas work here!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can you change a cylinder head gasket in 2 Hours? Can you build a fully functional computer in 30 mins? Can you fit your own consumer box? Follow building regs while knocking walls out and installing outside armoured cable? etc etc.

Oh, dear.......throwing your dummy out the pram won't help. Just as a simple statement of fact as far as i am aware changing a head gasket and building a computer don't require regulations to be followed that if not done may lead to a fine, criminal record or a prison sentance. Installing armoured cable and changing a consumer box (i assume electrical) would be notifiable work and would need to be carried out by an electrician ie someone competant and qualified.......just like removing the fire from your back boiler requires a COMPETANT person ie you will have to have passed your gas exams in CCN1, HTR1 and CEN1......you ain't competant.....get someone in who is and stop stamping your feet......

LOL, Agile check the user guide you do not need to disconnect any gas supply. If you can use a computer you may be able to download it, maybe read the user guide first. Part P is needed now. But was not a few years ago. I think this site should be re - named to DIY NOT HELPFUL. First page states DIY can be both challenging and rewarding - this is where DIYnot.com aims to help. Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself? That is why people looking for DIY help come to this site. If you are not willing to provide DIY help then do not post. Go to a NONE DIY SITE. Maybe a professional site and post there. If you can call yourself professional.
Just look where this thread has gone, Al that was asked for was a little help in diagnosing a fault/problem.
I hope all of YOU's one day get your eyes taking out by some dodgy guy who does not have a clue what they are doing but thinks they can solve your problem, like the plumber that tried to sort this out.

Maybe your mother or YOU can afford to pay the dodgy blokes thousands of pounds!
My 62 year old mother will one day get heating back, but no help from you. THANK YOU DIY NOT.

I have said twice that I am not familiar with your boiler.

I have also said that I dont think the PCB is at fault. I am actually trying to help you! I am beginning to wonder why!

The boiler temperature thermostat/sensor may well be faulty! Can you measure the resistance if a sensor or change it WITHOUT disconnecting any gas supply?

Did you choose your forum name yourself?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I fully respect you wanting to get your mothers heating back working asap, but I have yet to work on a GW BBU or any make BBU come to that, that the pcb can be changed without removing the fire front :confused:

God forbid I am sounding like I am agreeing with Tony :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back