glowworm combi boiler/pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.my wife recently topped boiler up with water using filler pipe,but she managed to put to much water in.the pressure gauge went up from 1(which it as been set at) to 2.5.When boiler was turned on the boiler overflow pipe was letting water out,so i drained some of the water out of the rads to bring pressure back down to 1.when the boiler is turned on again the pressure needle goes into "red area"about 3.we turned boiler off(central heating)but instead of pressure going back down to 1 it stops at about 2.5.any ideas?do i need a plumber?.thanks.mark.GLOWWORM SWIFTFLOW 80 HONEYWELL

Sponsored Links
Is the filling loop turned fully off?

If so, look in FAQ's for checking the expansion vessel.

hi dave.thanks for reply.drained system again last night to get pressure gauge back down to 1bar.this morning it was 3.5bar.checked the fillerpipe-it was turned off,removed fillerpipe from tap-it was letting water in.so been to screwfix and bought an endcap to put on tap/valve.i will remove it and replace fillerpipe when needed.thanks again.mark

Sponsored Links
hi dave.me again.set bar pressure to 1bar( centrel heating off).what bar pressure reading does it go upto when central heating is on?

Depending on the size of your system, anything up to 2 Bar would be considered normal.

If it rises quickly to over 3 Bar or thereabouts, you need to check the FAQ's on here for how to check your expansion vessel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back