Glowworm Compact 80e hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys have a problem with my hot water, comes on for ten seconds then burner goes out. Ten seconds later it comes on again. There are similar problems on here but not exactly.
With info on here I have done some invest. The DHW micro switch and diaphragm seem to be working fine but the pressure differential micro switch pin seems solid.
My question is could it be a knackered diaphragm on the diverter valve be causing my symptoms?
My heating is working fine.
Thanks in advance.
Shinner

Sponsored Links
My question is could it be a knackered diaphragm on the diverter valve be causing my symptoms?

I wouldn't have thought so. More like a thermistor or maybe a fan/ flue /APS fault.
Don't be delving in there yourself though. You need an RGI on the job.

Cheers for that.
Had a friend pop round who's corgi registered and he said it was probably the plate to plate heat exchanger as we live in a bad limescale area. I'm only looking as i'm an electrician and thought i could find something which was an easy fix.
The reason I asked the question was that the diagram/pin is solid and will not move I can see that this is a problem but was asking if it could cause the symptom. Have looked at the DHW diaphragm and the pin moves in and out should these two move the same? They look the same set up.
Cheers,
Shinner

I think you only have 1 operating diapragm/microswitch, the other one is, i believe, a low water pressure switch. The diverter valve is operated by an electric motor so your friend could well be right.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that
He suggested contacting glowworm direct as he believes for £250 they will repair anything. Is this true?
At a stage where i have to weigh up £250 or £1800 when the house will be let out in a few months and my mum (who's house it is) doesn't need this sort of hassle.

Check the small print, dirt in systems is often not covered, and your problem may well be dirt rellated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back