Glowworm Fuelsaver 40-50 cutting out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old system fitting in a 3 bed house comprising of;
4 downstairs rads,
4 upstairs rads,
indirect hot water cylinder in the 1st floor bathroom together with cold water storage mounted above,
CH F&E tank located at ground level in loft.
CH Pump located under floor boards of 1st floor bedroom.

I have recently moved the indirect cylinder and cold water storage tank from the 1st floor bathroom airing cupboard to the loft, a move of around 2 metres in vertical height and a horizontal move of 1 metre, with the cylinder and cw storage tank positioned identically as before using the orignal pipe work configeration.

I have also raised the height vertically of the CH F&E Tank by 1.5 metres making it higher than the other two tanks.

The system has a recently changed pump in good working order.

i have run X?? sludge remover through on two occassions over the last four years and have repeated this recently after moving the tanks.

The problem i have now is that when i light the piloton the burner it stays on very happily, i then select ch or hot water on my controller, the pump start, the Y valve moves to the requiried position and the boiler main flame fires up. After around 6-10 seconds the boiler gives a mechanical sounding clonk and the main flame and piolt go out. I am able to relight the piolt immediately and turn the main flame back on, a few seconds later and clonk it goes back out, so the system is never getting warm on its own accord.

If i stand at the boiler and manually turn the main flame selector on for a couple of seconds then off for a couple of seconds then back on repeating the process i get can the system to warm the water and all rads, but if i kept the main flame selector on for to long it clonks out, but again relights immediately.

I'm persming this is a plumbing problem with not enought water entering the boiler so it over heating or could it be a boiler problem of some sort?

The system has been drained and refilled and bleed countless times with lovely clean water running out now but the problems hasn't changed.

PLease someone advise me for the best it's now very very cold!

Thanks foir any replies

Lee

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a circulation problem & the heat is not dissipating hence the almost immediate overheat. I would suspect an airlock if I where you.

Thanks for your almost immediate response,

Would you expect an air lock in the boiler or elsewhere.

I have two drain off points, one just above the bolier on the 22mm return pipe and a lower level one on the ground flor rad feed pipes.

I know this is basics but can someone run throught the correct drain off and re fill as i feel i might be doing something very simple wrong.

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back