Glowworm Hideaway 80B cut-out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Glowworm Hideaway balanced flue boiler keeps cutting out and the green reset light comes on. I turn the knob to reset and the boiler will re-ignite though it does seem to have some difficulty doing this - sometimes re-ignition is on the second or third attempt. I have to do this several times each day to get sufficient hot water and central heating.
I've had part of the ignition mechanism replaced but without improvement.
The boiler is seven years old and has had no problems up to now.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to where the problem lies.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have the 80BFF and not the 80B. Is that correct? Makes a lot of difference.

It sounds like you have the 80BFF and not the 80B. Is that correct? Makes a lot of difference.
Hi Pete,
Yes, it is the 80B FF. I didn't realise significance of FF.
Just to add a little bit that may be important - I recently had a un-vented cylinder system fitted so that hot water from hot taps and showers is at cold mains pressure. This has worked fine for a few months but now the problem I've described.
I'll be pleased to have your comments
Thanks,
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back