Glowworm Micron and Tribune Premier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Great site, I have developed a problem with my CH system and wonder if you could offer me some advice:

Glow Worm Micron Boiler 70FF
Sunvic Programmer
No Room Stat
TVRs on most radiators
Sunvic 2 port valve for hot water cylinder
Honeywell 2 port valve for CH
Tribune Premier TP150B hot water cylinder.

My problem is that the hot water seems to have got very hot lately and this has been made worse by the boiler locking out every so often. I then have to go down to the cellar (usually on a cold morning) to turn off the boiler and turn it back on.

I've had a look at the search facility on this site and have found similar poroblems but I don't seem to be able to sort mine out. I have tried to turn down the thermostat on the boiler to see if this helps but I've had no luck.

Am I right in thinking that the cylinder stat may be causing this problem. I can confirm that I has the 2 port valve changed (the one for the hot water) less then a year ago, this appears to be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tank

Sponsored Links
See if the internal temerature sensor ntc has got wet - sometimes they get dripped on.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, is that on the boiler? I ask cos I had it serviced about 3 weeks ago, the engineer was here for about 10 minutes and then left with £75.00. Needless to say I questioned his hourly rate and the speed of his work.

While I don't want him back an insight into where the problem may lie will help me when I come to get an engineer in.

Many thanks once again

Tank

Sponsored Links
Guys,

Just a further update.

I've had a good look at the boiler and can't seem to find a trace of a leak. Can anyone else give me some pointers?

Many thanks,

T

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back