Glowworm Micron Wont Fire Up....?

But that's different - has it changed?
Look at the manual, which tells you what the lights (are supposed to) mean.

Sponsored Links
This indicates ignition lock out could be gas related or the ign. lead/electrode as previousely mentioned. Can be mistaken for a slow flahing light which could be pcb fault

But always bare in mind that the pcb for this boiler is as bad as they get. We have a 5 year old estate full of them, some owners have had 3 pcb's already. Raden may have a fix for them, you'll have to ask him. I have fixed a few just resoldering dry joints, there are different versions of the pcb I believe the current ones are meant to be fixed. Time will tell.

Doesn't mean it is the pcb but always bear this in mind with that boiler.

The PCB is indeed horrendous, but latest ones are an improvement.

Also, even if the ignition lead and PCB are OK, then boiler can sometimes get upset about the electrode gap. Early boilers had a single electrode that arced to the top of one the burners and couldn't be adjusted. Later ones are twin electrode and the gap can be set. You can buy the twin electrodes of course.

Sponsored Links
The micron 50 does not have a twin electrode the 70/80 does.The new pcb is supposed to be good, fitted one last month lasted one ignition before breaking down. The replacement has lasted so far.

gasgeezer said:
The micron 50 does not have a twin electrode the 70/80 does.The new pcb is supposed to be good, fitted one last month lasted one ignition before breaking down. The replacement has lasted so far.
Quite right - I stand corrected. Didn't read the first post properly. I apologise.

The twin electrode rocks on the 70/80FF though!

Paul Barker said:
But always bare in mind that the pcb for this boiler is as bad as they get. We have a 5 year old estate full of them, some owners have had 3 pcb's already. Raden may have a fix for them, you'll have to ask him. .

Yes I do

The older ones (with 6 neons) are a nightmare, the newer version (with the two green LEDs) is considerably better

Today I backfilled the system via hosepipe and water appeared in the loft...! I opened all rads and bled them, one leaked badly so I had to turn off it's lockshields, one rad is off due to decorating...!?! Also made sure all valves were open and thermostat was calling for heat and timer was set 'on' for both c/h & hw. pump working...!

The boiler goes through its motions and according to the User Manual it indicates Ignition Lockout.

Have I gone as far as I can go as a non corgi, or is there something else I can check/adjust....?

Anyone seen this before on this model, please let me know your solution, family concerned are driving me mad and I would like to conclude with them one way or tother...! :LOL:

As above, there are some checks you can do but not many.
If you get any water on the thermistor from a leaking phial or rain through the flue this will take the thermistor and the board out.

First check the gas at the boiler is switched on. Check meter is on if token you have credit, if yes to these , callout corgi to check gas valve/lead etc.
If the property is h/a then it is there responsibility to fix it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back