GlowWorm Spacesaver KFB30 Fault HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this forum so hello everyone. I need your guys help to figure out where the problem is.
When I turn the boiler on the first check is correct and one of 4 neons is on. I turn on the thermostate on and the second neon is on. The fan goes on, pressure check etc. and the third neon is on. And then the ignition spark starts every few seconds but no flame shows up. I was told by one of the engineers to replace pcb. Which I did and still the same. I checked the voltage with manual and there are 3 cables coming out from pcb into the solenoid gas valve. Blue which is 0 voltage which is correct as minus. Brown to the main solenoid which has 240, and black to the starter solenoid for ignition pilot pipe and shows 0. I tried to track the voltage before it comes out from pcb and everything seems to be fine. The wire that connects at same point on pcb is connected to air pressure controller which looks fine and the voltage is at 240. I fitted brand new pcb so it can't be this. Is there something that pcb would cut off the voltage off from black wire to avoid gas release and start the ignition ?? Can you please help? Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Why would you not get a proper engineer who would have fixed this safely for little more than you paid for the pcb?

The money you have wasted on a pcb would have been much better spent on someone who knows what they are doing

Sponsored Links
This is gas related work, on which Forum members are not allowed to give advice, other than to engage the services of a Qualified Engineer. This is for both yours and everyone else's safety.

Thanks for advice, however I did all the work with qualified electrician and he still insist it's a electric problem somwhere around pcb not gas related. We said he will get back to me. In the mean time better do something and try to get some help from you guys. Someone coud have a same problem. I can get a gas engineers it's not a problem. Looks like I have no choice.

why an electrician ?? more simpler than you think probably just get a gas engineer out to stop wasting time , a gas engineer that deals with faults that is .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back