Glowworm Swift Flow 70/80 losing water pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,

My first post!

Girlfriend just moved into this house with the above boiler. All the radiators bled as they were all hot at bottom only (loads of air out!).
Pressure put at 2bar.
Thing is after 12 hours or so the system pressure falls off by 0.5 bar. Tried leaving it with no heating for 12 hours to see if there were visual leaks. Tiny one sorted. No air in radiators. How much water would be leaving the system and where could it go! 8 radiators in the system. :rolleyes:

Anyone got a copy of the manual / parts cataloge & location?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Sponsored Links
If there really is no external leak then the most likely cause is the automatic air vent.

This is inside the combustion chamber which should only be opened by a competent CORGI.

The way you describe "moved into this house" makes me suspect that its a rented property. In that case the heating is the responsibility of the landlord who should have given the tenants a Gas Safety certificate.

Tony

No - its her own house.

The reason I do not suspect AAV is that with the CH off the pressure falls a little. Therefore should see water coming from it.

I have been reading what is on forum - a mine of info.

Next stop is to look further into pressure vessel. Never though of that! When it gets hot pressure goes up a lot, therfore may have blown overpressured - need to look into this a little more!!

Thanks

Anyone got the original info to this boiler - parts / instructions? (I have e-mailed glowworm.)

Sponsored Links
at a guess the exspansion vessel is flat.. top ya pressure back up to 1bar run the heating and check what the sys pressure rise's to.. also check the blow off int leaking (the pipe that goes through the wall to the outside)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back