Glowworm Swiftflow 75 Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Glowworm Swiftflow 75 Combi boiler (with SIT Gas Valve) which has recently failed. Whilst running the hot water, the water went cold due to the main burner and pilot light going out. I tried to relight the pilot to no avail; replaced the thermocouple and now the pilot stays alight with the SIT valve in the pilot position only. When however, the gas valve is turned to main burner the pilot valve again goes out.

Any ideas where the fault may lie?

Steve

Sponsored Links
You need a new gas valve (SIT), a PCB and a pump.

Then, when it still doesn't go you'll need someone who's got a clue to do it for you.

Have you checked continuity on the overheat stat? Also check continuity between the thermocouple and the gas valve body. There shouldn't be any.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked continuity on the overheat stat? Also check continuity between the thermocouple and the gas valve body. There shouldn't be any.

Hi, thanks for your message. Yes I've checked continuity as you describe and all appears to be OK. I think that it could be the control board?

sounds like a dodgy gas valve to me, i cant see it being the pcb as you should be able to get the pilot to light and go to main gas with no power on

Yer nothing at all to do with PCB .... gas valve. if overheat stat was faulty pilot would not even stay on in pilot position
When button released on pilot being lit does it come all the way out or do you have to pull it out a bit to turn it to main gas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back