glowworm ultracom 24 cxi leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my gloworm boiler leaks (just from the right of centre)when the central heating is coming on (but stops whilst it is on?)and sometimes after the shower has been on. Also it occasionally leaks from what i think is the overflow pipe at the back on the right hand side. Any ideas on if it's something i can sort myself ?

Sponsored Links
I generally take the view that internal boiler faults are likely to require an experienced boiler engineer.

The leaking "overflow" pipe is a pressure relief valve discharge pipe and indicates a likely problem with your expansion vessel ( EXV ).

You can check the EXV by following the suggestions in the FAQ on this site.

That model is a budget one and often fitted without properly cleaning the system. It sounds as if your system is dirty! What colour is water if you bleed a little into a tissue?

Tony Glazier

I generally take the view that internal boiler faults are likely to require an experienced boiler engineer.

The leaking "overflow" pipe is a pressure relief valve discharge pipe and indicates a likely problem with your expansion vessel ( EXV ).

You can check the EXV by following the suggestions in the FAQ on this site.

That model is a budget one and often fitted without properly cleaning the system. It sounds as if your system is dirty! What colour is water if you bleed a little into a tissue?

Tony Glazier

This may sound a bit simple but the water coming out of the boiler is clear do you mean bleed the radiator? cheers

Sponsored Links
Thats useful to know but does not advance the repair of the boiler.

You could try checking the EXV yourself but will probably need a professional to deal with the leaking.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back