Glue removal from Denim Jeans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way I can remove glue from my sons denim jeans? I'm not too sure what sort of glue it is but it looks like it may have been from a glue gun. They are dark blue in colour so any solvent will probably ruin the colour. I have scraped off what I can but there are still some lumps that are hard to scrape. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If it was from a glue gun which use heat then I would have thought using heat on it again to melt it.You could try using a kitchen paper and press with the tip of a warm iron and see what happen.

Freezing usually works.

Put the jeans in a plastic bag, leave them in the freezer for about 24 hours, when you remove them pour boiling water from a kettle on the glue, this usually causes it to lose adherance to the material to which it is attached, sometime a little plucking is required to remove all traces.

Sponsored Links
Hi there!

Does the freezer trick work with Copydex on blue jeans too? I soaked them immediately as directed but hardly any of the Copydex came out... :( does anybody have any tips please!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back