Gnd floor extension low pitch roof detail first floor window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning a ground floor extension. At present there is an extension which has a very low pitch 10 degree roof which is clear plastic. We want to do away with this and put a tiled roof with skylights, i understand that the absolute min for this really is 15 degree. I've looked at tiled lower pitches but you need kerbed skylights and we want flush. We are governed by the first floor window which are low.
A few questions:-
What is the minimum distance i need between the bottom of the first floor window and where the roof starts for the ground floor extension?

A 15 degree angle would bring the roof in just above the bottom of the window, so could I make a section of flat roof with lead where the windows are. Is this acceptable and will it look rubbish?

Alternativley, I could have a the flat roof for about 600m from the wall and then start the pitch roof. This would run the length of the extention Again is this acceptable and will it look rubbish?

I hope this all makes sense, and hopefully someone would have done something similar in the past.

TIA

Ad

Sponsored Links
I see no reason why you should not leave off the top row (or 2 or 3 rows) of tiles under the window and dress lead from under the sill to the tiles. You would need the trim the rafters but if done properly it should look OK.

Thanks. The 'flat' section would be around 500mm from the wall so it would not look too out of place. There are four windows i would need to do this on, so as long it is consistant it should look ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back