Going rates for Electricians Apprentice

It should be national minimum wage...apprentices work just as hard.

They THINK they work just as hard, but all (initially) require constant supervision and can be a liability.
Put that with the fact you take longer on a job with an apprentice and the fact that they are at college for 17 weeks in the first year (whch the employer had to pay, and also pay someone to take their place)

You should be glad you have an apprenticeship as there is a major recession happening (it will take 2 years to get back to a normal footing).

My advice
don't be cheeky
don't walk before you can run
ask questions
get brian scaddans domestic electrical wiring book
NEVER stand about - there is always something to do (even tidying up)
Always try and anticipate what your tradesperson needs and have it ready

Sponsored Links
Er yeah ok...themissestheboss, is my boss, it was a joke to her...and also i did notcie the date she posted im not stupid

Started my apprenticeship working for my old mans firm in 1998 and I was on £65.00 a week, which to be honest wasn't bad. I was a school leaver still living with mum and so only had the train fair and lunch to fork out on. My money went up to £85.00 after year 1, having received good feedback from the college.
After my part 1 (first 2 years) I was up to £110.00 and having completed my apprenticeship I was up to £180.00.
I went straight on to do the 2391, my money went up to £235.00 when I could go out doing periodics on my todd.
Gave it 3 months at that money, then I left the family firm to a higher paying company.

Hi,

Hubby is fully qualified part p electrician registered with NICEIC and is becoming quite busy so was looking to take on a lad as an apprentice but we don't have a clue what the going rate is for one.

Do we pay on a set day rate or on an hourly rate on minimum wage, just above it or upto £3 over the min wage.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Many thanks

Nicky :?: :?: :?: :?:

hi im not to sure but i am looking for an apprenticeship within the electrical department i have i have got my certificates and qualificationns just looking for work is there any options with your partner

Sponsored Links
You'll probably be wasting your time waiting for a response from the original poster as this topic is over 5 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back