Going to kill my printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And my hubby!

Yesterday, the darned printer decided to throw a wobbly. Now the thing is I rarely use said printer but because I was on the computer it had to be my fault :rolleyes:

I have got every single light on the darned thing flashing at me - even when I try to turn it off :eek:

Been on the Epson site and tried to download a manual and error guide but the site is not playing and I can't download anything grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone got a mallet I can borrow?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning it off then on again ...?

Incidentally, has anyone been watching the IT Crowd, and what do they think of it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something doesn't work. Might be that they're not very good actors, but something's definitely wrong with it.....

Yep. First of all it wouldn't turn off but then when it did decide to go off and then back on again the same thing happened.

I WILL sort it out if it's the only thing I do today. Just to prove to him that I can grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
but something doesn't work.

Agreed, it's the same tired old situation comedy formula, complete with laughter track to inform the thick audience when to laugh hysterically. Will they never learn?

johnny_t
IT Crowd .....1st couple of episodes were poor but Chris Morris is Great ..

last fridays was good ... ;)

Brightness said:
Huh! Had an online chat to Epson and it's the printers fault! It needs servicing :rolleyes:

Hmmm, a usual reply when someone doesn't know what is wrong :LOL:

Did you install any new software recently. On rare occasions it can corrupt the printers software.

I am assuming that it is not out of ink? :oops: Or, if it hasn't been used for a while, or is near to a heat source, the ink can 'harden' on the nozzles.

Try taking out the ink cartridges, giving the electrical terminals a wipe (very carefully) and put them back in again. You could put some light oil on the runners too, but if the ink comes to the middle of the printer when you open it, they are probably fine.

Also, try putting the printer into another USB and see what happens. If no difference - uninstall ALL of the software for the printer and then reinstall it. Then, if you are familiar with going into your computers Registry (regedit), do a search for 'Epson' and delete the info that comes back (be careful if you are using any other Epson products - scanner, etc). Then restart your computer. If you are not sure about the Registry -DON'T GO THERE !! :)

If this fails, I would be tempted just to buy a new one, as crafty1289 said - unless is is a middle/top of the range one. A service would probably cost you as much as a new printer. If you are getting a new one, might be worth considering another Epson that takes the same ink cartridges (assuming there is a decent amount of ink left in your existing ones) :p

Yep Thanks lads. I've uninstalled it for now - we can't find the disk so hubby is going to re-install it later with software from the web. It gets used loads by him so we know it's usually OK.

Thinking about it I did install an ATI graphics driver after A Microsoft crash analysis page came up :rolleyes:

I can't take out the ink cartridges as the buttons to release them are all flashing and stuck :rolleyes:

I've already tried the different USB etc but them lights are still a flashing :LOL:

If it's not still under guarantee dump it, if it is still guaranteed epson will send you a new one and take the old one away but try what gary_m said first you could also try the reset (turn it off hold down all the buttons turn it on again then let go the buttons) did they already go through that with you, I've got a telephone number for them if you want it. Epson are normally good .

No they didn't but probably because I told them I'd already tried it :confused:

Will see what hubby manages to do to it later.

We've got another printer so that's not the issue - we've just got about a dozen cartridges for this one :rolleyes: :evil:

Brightness said:
No they didn't but probably because I told them I'd already tried it :confused:

Will see what hubby manages to do to it later.

We've got another printer so that's not the issue - we've just got about a dozen cartridges for this one :rolleyes: :evil:
I know what you mean I've got loads of flipping cartridges from older models LOL if there original epson you can sell them on ebay I buy a new printer every time a new one comes out (A3plus) and sell the old one's on Ebay, it surprising how much they sell for. and the ink.

Sponsored Links
Back