gold bath handles. Client wants chrome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Updating a bathroom for a client and have decided to keep the old bath as it is spotless and of high quality. Going to change the taps and waste etc from gold to chrome. Problem i have is that the handles are gold and i have no idea what make the bath is to see if i can get chrome replacements. I thought i would be able to send them off for plating but once i removed them i discovered they were in fact plastic and not metal. Any ideas as to how i could source replacements or even 'paint' the old ones. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy, yes, i had thought of spraying them but having spoke to some decorator friends they are of the thinking that this approach would not stand the test of time what with water etc. The handles will be used aswell so we think paint would wear off pretty quickly.

Sponsored Links
Bath handles are fairly standard. Just check the size and spacing of the fixings and i'm sure you'll be able to find off the shelf replacements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back