Good boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to purchase a Ferroli Optimax 31 HE Plus Combi Boiler for 2 bed house. Prices at £635 from Wickes.

Is this a good boiler?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The two super points of a WB boiler are 1) technical help line is one of the best, 2) gets me plenty of work- build quality os dead poor. WB is an installers boiler. As a repairman, a boiler I would not instal and look after. Just my opinion

do you think its likely you'd get a good 30kw boiler in wickes for £635 ?
answer that and you've answered your own question ;)
I owuldn't have one if it were free
if your genuinely on a budget look at the potterton performa HE, main eco, biasi riva advance.

No Ferroli aren't good boilers. For that money I would go for a Main Eco. However, find a good installer and let them specify your boiler to your budget.

This is the boiler i have been recommended by plumber.

ask him why he recommends this particular boiler cos I seriously can't get my head round why anyone would think they are any good apart from "because the sales rep said they were great"

I did ask him and he said that he has fitted loads of these and never had problems. He said good value for money.

It may work well out of the box...........................

Seriously, these aren't good value for the money boilers in the long run.

ok so if i can stretch to £800 would that make a great difference in boiler quality?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back