GOOD LUCK WALES

Sponsored Links
:(

they were robbed
Not wanting to hijack a thread,,,, although it is kind of dead now... but all the pundits went on about how the red card was wrong... not one of them noticed two things.. firstly, the reaction of the tackled frenchman... he was on the floor holding his face ! maybe the ref saw that? the pundits didn't seem to. And secondly, Sam Warburtons huge hand smashing into the Frenchmans face (as much as i liked that lol!!) but not one of the pundits even so much as gave it a mention!!!!

In my opinion it was a cheap shot by Warburton, which deserved a yellow card... but what irks me is that the 'so-called' experts don't even mention it, even to rule it out !!

oh and one last point... if it was England in the semi's would welsh celebs be say good luck England? i think not !! i didn't care who won, but wanted a scrappy close affiar, with France maybe edging it... so i got my way !! :mrgreen:

they were robbed
Well not exactly but it was very close. Personally I would have loved to have seen the Welsh beat the French today (I have a French Brother-in-law so that would have made the England defeat a little easier to deal with). Some of the welsh kicks were tantalising close. However, to address the Red Card issue, I've watched 'that tackle' a few times now and although I accept that there was probably no malicious intent, the tackle WAS dangerous in my opinion. It could so easily have resulted in a broken neck.

Unlike the English with their drinking sessions DURING the competition (professional athletes FFS!), the Welsh boys did themselves proud overall though so well done.

Sponsored Links

they were robbed
Not wanting to hijack a thread,,,, although it is kind of dead now... but all the pundits went on about how the red card was wrong... not one of them noticed two things.. firstly, the reaction of the tackled frenchman... he was on the floor holding his face ! maybe the ref saw that? the pundits didn't seem to. And secondly, Sam Warburtons huge hand smashing into the Frenchmans face (as much as i liked that lol!!) but not one of the pundits even so much as gave it a mention!!!!

In my opinion it was a cheap shot by Warburton, which deserved a yellow card... but what irks me is that the 'so-called' experts don't even mention it, even to rule it out !!

oh and one last point... if it was England in the semi's would welsh celebs be say good luck England? i think not !! i didn't care who won, but wanted a scrappy close affiar, with France maybe edging it... so i got my way !! :mrgreen:

A cheap shot it wasnt. It was a dangerous tackle agreed but there wasnt any malice intended

It seem's like Alain Rolland might have got it right.

In 2007, the IRB Council approved a Laws Designated Members Ruling which
essentially made it clear that tackles involving a player being lifted off the ground and
tipped horizontally and were then either forced or dropped to the ground are illegal and
constitute dangerous play.
At a subsequent IRB High Performance Referee Seminar at Lensbury referees were
advised that for these types of tackles they were to start at red card as a sanction and
work backwards.
Unfortunately these types of tackles are still being made and the purpose of this
memorandum is to emphasize that they must be dealt with severely by referees.

http://ht.ly/6Yd0Y

so are you saying that the other refs in the tournament have got it wrong /bottled it by not using red cards for similar tackles? they showed 3 or 4 yesterday on TV, some looked worse than warburtons.
i just watched ,2nd half only, NZ outplay OZ and i noticed no dump tackles in the game, so perhaps Rolands decision had a knock on effect

I'm not saying he got it right or wrong I'm just highlighting that perhaps he understood the meaning of the law and acted as such.

I don't really have a problem with the sending off other than the fact that it wasn't consistent with the punishment (or lack of) for other similar tackles that are made week in week out at all levels of the game. The rules are clear that it can be classed as a red card offence and, in rugby, the rules and referees decisions are accepted by players, managers and fans. Sam Warburton has accepted it, and the subsequent ban, even though in most rugby people's opinions he didn't do anything particularly malicious.

Although most are questioning his decision, Wales can't complain that the referee cost them the match because, in all fairness, they missed 11 possible points as well as squandering the opportunity to attempt a last ditch drop goal. Obviously, with 15 men on the field, the game could have been won comfortably but we will never know that for sure.

As a proud, though VERY disappointed Welsh rugby fan, all I can do is wish the boys the best of luck for the 3rd place play-off on Friday.

just watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cps2a0i1Klw

28 seconds in...

Sam Wurburton (6'2" 15st 8lb) slams his left hand into the face of Vincent Clerc (5'10" 14st 2lb).

Clerc is left rolling on the floor with his hands on his face... this is what the ref sees..

but no one else in the worls sees it apart from me? why?

like i said... cheap shot... possibly not a red card... but why has no one else seen it?

I see your point, imamartian, but when you are falling over you put you hand out in front of you and if a somebody's head happens to be in the way, then too bad. There is no deliberate force put into it and, in rugby, that is nothing more than a love tap, which is why nobody else has mentioned it. ;)

If it was Clerc clutching his face that made up the referee's mind then I fear that rugby will be going the same way as football. :(

All done and dusted now though so no point dwelling on it - we just look forward to the next game.

I see your point, imamartian, but when you are falling over you put you hand out in front of you and if a somebody's head happens to be in the way, then too bad. There is no deliberate force put into it and, in rugby, that is nothing more than a love tap, which is why nobody else has mentioned it. ;)

If it was Clerc clutching his face that made up the referee's mind then I fear that rugby will be going the same way as football. :(

All done and dusted now though so no point dwelling on it - we just look forward to the next game.

Unfortunately that's how a proffesional cheat operates... they try to make it look like they didn't do it, or it was an accident... it's a bit like claiming a throw in when you know the ball came off you last.. ruins sport for me.
But that said, potentially Clerc is equally as bad if not worse, if he was feigning injury !!!!

Sponsored Links
Back