Good old Dyno Rod (Not)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a service contract with BG which includes plumbing. Last week, I heard a vibrating noise fromm my hot water tank, I rang BG and Dyno Rod came to fit a new ball valve. All done I thought. Not so. Later that day I noticed water dripping form my overflow pipe at the front of the house, so I went to check the water level in the tank which was ok, but I noticed that the valve which drips water into the tank for a few minutes after re-filling was situated just above the overflow pipe! :rolleyes: So everytome it refills, the last few drips go into the overflow. You would have thought that the engineer would have known this would happen and re-position the valve away from the overflow.

I now have to wait till Wednesday for them to come and fix it. After this I think I'll cancel my contract. For what I have paid out over the years, it would have been cheaper to get a local plumber to do the job.

Sponsored Links
Don`t upset the BG shareholders :mrgreen: It`ll be interesting to hear the outcome - I would have sold you a Bylaw 30 kit ( if needed) with a dip pipe on the overflow - that would`ve stopped the problem -

Sponsored Links
They only employ 18 year old plumbers, I've never seen anyone older drive their vans.

Andy

Not just plumbers getting younger, I was stopped by an embryo wearing a wonder bra for using my phone when I was driving, managed to talk my way out of it (more luck than judgement) couldent believe she was old enough to drive let alone be a copper.

What did you say to get off on that Picasso?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back