Good riddance

Sponsored Links
it's a relief to know that she didn't simply flee the country to avoid facing an enquiry.

Quote ""The doctor had her contract with Great Ormond Street Hospital terminated after details of the tragedy came to light.

She has since launched a claim for damages against the world-famous children's hospital over her dismissal""

Yep she has obviously learnt her lesson well. So well, she's now trying to claim damages for her dismissal. No doubt she will also try and claim damages from the GMC for suspending her for failing to notice a broken spine.
I hope she's struck off as a doctor...

Just read a report on the teletext that a 'surgeon' denies a case of misconduct after removing 90%, YES 90%! of a seven week old baby girl. She thought she was removing a hernia!

FFS! Who's training these peole? Monkeys? :evil:

The child is now 18 months old and will have a catheter for the rest of her life the poor lamb.

Sponsored Links
First, I suspect that Baby Peter's Doctor will have been advised by her union, who are even more barmy that her, social services and indeed probably Peter's guardians. Her actions are clearly of someone who has lost the plot.

As for the surgeon, how is it possibel to remove 90% of a human and for that child to survive. Something ain't right with that story.

I think conny meant to say 90% of the child's bladder.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...enies-misconduct.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

I have NO sympathy for the surgeon. I mean she can't even choose a lawyer who can dress himself!

WHO ON EARTH would think that wearing a tie that length would be a good look? What a plonker!

article-1252913-086A761D000005DC-371_468x649.jpg

Dr Pierina Kapur with her solicitor outside the General Medical Council in Manchester today. She is accused of cutting out 90 per cent of a baby's bladder after mistaking it for a hernia.

Even after she'd finished 'butchering', the hernia was STILL THERE!!!!! :rolleyes:

We spend big money training British doctors who, when qualified, head off to the States earning big bucks. That leaves us a shortage so we have to import all and sundry from the third world. All trainee doctors should sign a contract to work for 15 years in the country of their training. Sorted.

We spend big money training British doctors who, when qualified, head off to the States earning big bucks. That leaves us a shortage so we have to import all and sundry from the third world. All trainee doctors should sign a contract to work for 15 years in the country of their training. Sorted.
Sounds fair enough to me. There'd need to be a 'claw back' detailing the cost of not staying here. Of course the courts would probably stop us pursuing said costs as the doc would claim it to be against his/her human rights. :rolleyes:

An international agreement would prevent practice for all doctors in all countries. How many Polish doctors are trained by the Polish people just for them to 'up sticks' and set up in the UK? Polish doctors for Polish patients etc.

An international agreement would prevent practice for all doctors in all countries. How many Polish doctors are trained by the Polish people just for them to 'up sticks' and set up in the UK? Polish doctors for Polish patients etc.
How about delineating it even further? Eg: BNP doctors for BNP workers.

How about veterinary doctors for "standard class" train passengers?

First, I suspect that Baby Peter's Doctor will have been advised by her union, who are even more barmy that her, social services and indeed probably Peter's guardians. Her actions are clearly of someone who has lost the plot.

As for the surgeon, how is it possibel to remove 90% of a human and for that child to survive. Something ain't right with that story.

Sorry, trying to type quickly as we were going out.

It was 90% of her bladder. :oops:

My apologies for not reading what I had typed. :oops: :oops:

All trainee doctors should sign a contract to work for 15 years in the country of their training. Sorted.
Sounds fair enough to me. There'd need to be a 'claw back' detailing the cost of not staying here.

Sounds fair... Provided they abolish fees and bring back grants for those studying medicine and other useful subjects.

Until then, I don't blame doctors who studied post-1998 for moving abroad. They paid (or rather, are still paying) for their qualifications, so they owe no moral debt and no allegiance to the UK. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back