Gordon Brown disgusts me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just seen this creep wimpering about the baby he lost in 2002, 8 years ago.Rant over

I lost a child, a daughter, 19 years ago in 1991. No, she didn't die, she simply stopped speaking to me after I left her mother. I miss her every day, sometimes every hour of the day, sometimes for days on end. I weep when I realise that I may never see her again before I die. Yes, I do whimper, and if my friends see me whimpering, they understand. Holmslaw, I dont think you could ever understand what it's like to lose someone you love more than life itself.

Sponsored Links
I repeat - there is no excuse for attacking a grieving father.

However, there is an argument for attacking a politician who uses his grief for political gain, (for which there is no excuse).

So, please, lets not confuse the two issues here.

Sponsored Links
...there is an excuse for attacking a politician who uses his grief for political gain.
You don't know that is the case though Dex nor can you prove it.
Indeed I don't, and genuinely hope my cynicism is in error. However, why wear his heart on his sleeves now, of all times. Why not a while ago, why not after the election? I don't know, but it is a curious timing issue.

However, there is an excuse for attacking a politician who uses his grief for political gain.

Provided that I was 100% sure that this was the case, I couldn't agree more. The problem is, I cant be sure!

However, there is an excuse for attacking a politician who uses his grief for political gain.

Provided that I was 100% sure that this was the case, I couldn't agree more. The problem is, I cant be sure!
Nor I. Your inclinations are leading you down one belief route, mine along another. So, without hurling abuse at each other, we will just have to disagree about Brown's motive, but not about his pain.

...there is an excuse for attacking a politician who uses his grief for political gain.
You don't know that is the case though Dex nor can you prove it.
Indeed I don't, and genuinely hope my cynicism is in error. However, why wear his heart on his sleeves now, of all times. Why not a while ago, why not after the election? I don't know, but it is a curious timing issue.
I agree with all of your points, I have no answers for you mate but whether he was 'playing politics' or not, whilst I sympathise with the man it doesn't effect how I'll vote.

I've just seen this creep wimpering about the baby he lost in 2002, 8 years ago.Rant over

I lost a child, a daughter, 19 years ago in 1991. No, she didn't die, she simply stopped speaking to me after I left her mother. I miss her every day, sometimes every hour of the day, sometimes for days on end. I weep when I realise that I may never see her again before I die. Yes, I do whimper, and if my friends see me whimpering, they understand. Holmslaw, I dont think you could ever understand what it's like to lose someone you love more than life itself.
Stay strong matey.

I have no answers for you mate but whether he was 'playing politics' or not, whilst I sympathise with the man it doesn't effect how I'll vote.
I repeat my answer to bolo above, to you.
My 'inclinations' aren't leading me down any route dex. If he was playing politics then he'll have to live with that in his own mind, it doesn't effect my vote one iota, I feel sorry for the man either way.

My 'inclinations' aren't leading me down any route dex. If he was playing politics then he'll have to live with that in his own mind, it doesn't effect my vote one iota, I feel sorry for the man either way.
Okey dokey Blas. Think I've said all that I have to say on this matter now.

Okey dokey Blas. Think I've said all that I have to say on this matter now.
I'm with you on that mate.

Can we have this thread deleted please Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back