Gordon Brown disgusts me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked for Trinity Mirror for a number of years so I definitely know how the system works. You can vet a journalist's questions all you like before hand, it doesn't matter what a Politician doesn't want to talk about, a journalist can and WILL ask what he/she likes. Whether the interviewee answers is another thing. Brown, like the rest of those 'honorable men and women', :rolleyes: has his faults. There may be many reasons for why he accepted and answered the question but your 'rant' is nothing short of disgusting!

'Ordinary people' may well 'look for sympathy 8 years down the line'. How would you know? Have you been affected by such a tragic event? Your 'rant' leads me to think not somehow.

Perhaps instead of listing your location as Zaire you should actually get yourself off there. I'd be willing to chip in for the fare!

'RANT OVER' as you say! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
OK [dex], I see your point but I don't know the circumstances. He might have been playing the sympathy vote but just what if:

He was asked if he minded if they brought the question up and he agreed because he thought he would be OK with it? Then he found out he does have emotions after all?

Actually maybe not. He isn't bothered about the billions of pounds worth of gold he lost.

brown and his cabinet should be brought before the courts for treason for what they have done to this country...........

one thing i read in the papers today about this,
was how he thought when someone else gave an interview about losing their child was the wrong thing to do etc,how times have changed eh?.

Sponsored Links
I worked for Trinity Mirror for a number of years so I definitely know how the system works.

prepostorous nonsense, you're aving a larf. Sorry I made a mistake you're obviously an ex chairman of trinity mirror group. :LOL: More like you replaced the broken light bulbs.

You can vet a journalist's questions all you like before hand, it doesn't matter what a Politician doesn't want to talk about, a journalist can and WILL ask what he/she likes. Whether the interviewee answers is another thing.

You're either some government tweedy or are the most naive person in the world. A journalist can ask a question that has not been agreed with the spin doctors, but that is also journalistic suicide. That journalist will never be allowed to interview any other politician, because he broke the 'rules'. And it will apply to ALL parties forever. :LOL:

You need to grow up and open your eyes and if possible get treatment for your naivete.

holmslaw - bit harsh.

Think we need to remember who the journalist involved is I suppose - Piers Morgan. As I recall, he was the editor of the Mirror, a left wing paper which seems to imply where Morgan's natural inclinations lie.

I think the whole thread is in exstremely poor taste
There are two parts to this thread. We all agree that the loss of a child is a terrible thing, and goes against what should be the natural course of events (ie children outliving parents). Maybe we should ask the mods to lock this one, and discuss what potentially "extreme" things politicians go to, to gain credibility.

look at it from another angle he may be trying to show he's human

as a person i have every sympathy for a man who loses a child, but as a politician it comes as no surprise to hear him using it as an emotion pull to get sympathy, there is no level too low for them to stoop to, they have no morals or standards, lokk at all that has went on with expenses etc and how they stick the knife in when another party member says something they want to use against them. despicable each and every one of them

I worked for Trinity Mirror for a number of years so I definitely know how the system works.

prepostorous nonsense, you're aving a larf. Sorry I made a mistake you're obviously an ex chairman of trinity mirror group. :LOL: More like you replaced the broken light bulbs.

You can vet a journalist's questions all you like before hand, it doesn't matter what a Politician doesn't want to talk about, a journalist can and WILL ask what he/she likes. Whether the interviewee answers is another thing.

You're either some government tweedy or are the most naive person in the world. A journalist can ask a question that has not been agreed with the spin doctors, but that is also journalistic suicide. That journalist will never be allowed to interview any other politician, because he broke the 'rules'. And it will apply to ALL parties forever. :LOL:

You need to grow up and open your eyes and if possible get treatment for your naivete.
You're a big man behind that keyboard aren't you?

For your information I worked for Trinity Mirror as a HR Trainer, Journalist Training came under my remit. So I suppose you could say I've met and trained one or two journalists in my time... sorry to pi55 on your fire! I no longer work in the trade because I left to look after my son. Perhaps that's why I took exception to your 'rant'? You see... you really know NOTHING of me or my life do you?

You started this thread with what I see as a repugnant rant toward a person who showed emotion when talking about losing his child. A person who has another child that has a serious life threatening condition. It is YOU that I take issue with. I couldn't give a to55 if you had made the comment about David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Tony Blair, Margaret Thatcher....!

Unfortunately I had to 'grow up' very fast a long time ago and as for 'treatment', I've seen and had more than my fair share of that thank you.

So I think it's you that needs to go and play with YOUR light bulbs because I'm really very tired of reading the spiteful drivel from your twisted little mind.

Congrats dextrous but still take anything brown says with a pinch of salt., The man is a stranger to the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back