Gotta load of fence/trellis to treat.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the labourious task of treating around 200ft of fencing. About half is panelled and the other half is a very large trellis (about 8" square holes). I've been asked to use Cuprinol Ducksback in green.
The question is, am I better painting it on or spraying it? If spraying is the answer, can anyone recommend a bit of spraying kit that they've used (and not one that they've just seen in B&Q).
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Spraying trellis is very wasteful (you're painting the air mostly) but a roller is very quick. Keep a large paintbrush handy for the crevices that it doesn't reach.

I believe you need a special Cuprinol sprayer, and a sprayable stain, as ordinary ones clog.

its is wasteful spraying it, but if its a job rather than for yourself, you need to weigh up the cost of the material over the time involved. I always spray. Put a dustsheet behind the trellis as it has a habit of going everywhere. Johns right about the sprayer it does have to be the cuprinol one for that stuff.

Sponsored Links
Homebase do Cuprinol Sprayable fence at £13 for 5litre, and the fence sprayer at £25. They also do Cuprinol Rollable shed and fence at £16 for 7litre

(there is also a different sprayer, for Cuprinol Green and other spirit preservatives, not the same, and yet another (!) for decking)

I sprayed my trellis fence a few weeks ago with Ducksback. I used an ordinary garden pressure sprayer{not electric}for the job, and it was quite satisfactory.

I used a air compressor with spray gun and used wickes paint £7 for 5ltr and worked a treat. Maybe you could hire one? Or buy one for around £70 or so. (Makro have them cheap now and again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back