GPR roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a GPR roof installed on a wooden cabin a few years ago by a builder that insisted on doing it rather than a felt roof. He's since gone bust but I've paid to get it repaired twice now by two parties and still it leaks, it's costing a lot of money and the internal ceiling is all moldy and totally destroyed. Realistically what's my cheapest option, also can you felt over a GPR roof? The cabin is only 4m x 5m

Sponsored Links
Is the GRP definitely leaking? The internal ceiling going mouldy and rotten smacks more of condensation/ventilation issues. Is the roof warm deck or cold deck? Is there any ventilation at the eaves?

Is this a flattish roof or some sort of complex shape?- reason for question, as long as the roof deck was properly installed (to be rigid) then GRP is dead easy to install and to repair. Clue- if you stand on the roof it should either not deform at all or it should deform as a single unit (unless it is a large cabin and there are expansion joints in it). Mimimum thickness of deck for GRP is 18mm OSB- if your deck is thinner than that then GRP isn't going to work.

And felting over it- I'm not sure how well torched felt would bond to GRP- my suspicion is not very well so you'd probably want to stick some 8mm OSB or similar down first. Or you could look at EPDM

It's just a flat roof, I think the OSB was quite thin, hence all the problems I'm getting. The internal ceiling leaks quite a lot when it rains. I think I will give EPDM a look.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back