Granite or Porcelain Steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to build some steps from my patio and kitchen doors down to the patio.

The steps will have brick bases / risers with bricks matching the house, with some form of slab on top to form the steps. There will be two steps from the patio to each door.

I've built similar steps using concrete slabs in the past however I'd like something a little nicer so was looking at buying some bullnos porclaine or granite steps, which I can get hold of in appropriate sizes. The porcelain slabs are 20mm and the granite are 30mm.

I had some samples of porcelain paving slabs from when I was looking at patios and both arrived to me chipped, with the porcelain coating clearly quite thin. I'm assuming the same would apply to porcelain steps which concerns me it may damage easily if things are dropped on it, which is feasible in the garden. For this reason I'm tending towards the granite.

Does anyone have any thoughts or any alternative suggestions?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back