Grant 26e Vortex Combi Oil Boiler

Thanks Cider, no overheat light on. I guess that would be faulty as the boiler is in the house and even Mum's house is not that cold. :D

I didn't realise a life story was going to be needed here but the boiler was fitted on a warm front type grant for my Mum, she keeps all papers and she signed whatever was put in front of her, so if they exist she'll have 'em, which, it now seems, she doesn't :( I'll investigate...

Topping up the boiler is quite an event for my mum, hence the issue, and as I can't find a leak, my original assumption was something had not been connected or switched on which might be an easy fix but I'm now getting the feeling that this is not a "switch something on/off" type problem and requires assessment.

Thanks to all contributors... I will post anything that happens that fixes it.

Sponsored Links
Turn off the boiler wait till cold put pressure gauge on exp vessel pressure should be 1/2 bar bungalow 1bar house if pressure ok may need to fit extra vessel somewhere else on system to supplement boiler vessel had this before on systems as water when heated expands 4percent with 15 rads you have a lot of water best of luck getting the installer back but a good plumber should have realised this Ttfn

Get real paper shuffler. Hows that helping him sort his problem.

The boiler was installed 4 months ago. If all paperwork was completed then it will be covered under the Warranty. If not get the Installer back.

Easy question to answer that wasn't.

It's a far better solution than trying to help someone from behind a keyboard whose time would be far better served by getting the fella back who installed it and whose responsibility it is to size the expansion vessel to suit the system. If its not an install error, call out the Manufacturer.

Simple mate

Sponsored Links
It will be covered under warranty whether the paperwork was completed or not.

Basic consumer rights.

If warm front installed it, it may well be an install fault.

Everyones problem to fix but the end user but the end users problem to live with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back