grant combi 90 restart after ran out of oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Complete novice. Ran out of oil just stuck 20litres in tank until delivery. Covers whole outlet from the tank. Still the grant 90 combi won't fire. Can't even find the right bit to bleed... Please help

Sponsored Links
Can you spot a flexible steel braided pipe that enters the burner unit itself?
If you can, crack open the end nearest the burner, and allow the oil to purge itself through the oil line by gravity. Keep a large cloth handy to soak up any spillage.
Post a pic if you're not sure.
John :)

Slacken the oil inlet connection on oil pump until oil is released.
You may then need to bleed from the pressure gauge connection. (The hex nut under the pressure adjustment screw).

20 litres will not last long.

Will loosen it off. I know 20litres won't last just hope enough to get me through until delivery on Tuesday. Only using for hot water, think it will last?

Sponsored Links
OK took the casing off the burn, this is what i was faced with, I tried to undo the pipe at the bottom, but uber stiff, should I keep trying?

[/img]

NOT the one at the bottom of the red expansion vessel, I hope.....
Its the braided one with the coloured stripes at the bottom of the burner.
If that nut is ferociously tight, can you get to the other end of the flexy pipe and try to bleed from there?
John :)

thanks john - i can get to the other bit, bit that is a seriousheadache, i cant get it working properly, as its just spins, and it close to the wall. Grr, hopefully I can live on cold showers and the pressure of the delivery on tues will sort it all out. failing that, get the boiler guy out

Thanks terry, clearly not enough pressure from the tank as I did try that and it did nothing - well oil delivery is due today so we will see then :) hopefully I can have a warm shower tonight and avoid the hot pans of water and a jug replacement :)

Left the valve open for about 45 seconds, nothing. Oil deliver been n gone. Tried reset, nothing..... Any ideas?

You need to reset the burner and bleed with the motor running.
It will bubble at first then squirt oil so be ready to close the vent or turn burner off.
It may be necessary to repeat this operation several times.

Crack screw open a couple of turns and run burner. It may take afew tries.
Use a rag to catch oil.

ok - got it until it is spurting, but still nothing, no hot water, no exhaust, it kinda fires up - but nothing when turning the hot tap on in the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back