grant combi no dhw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
no dhw during operation of boiler,boiler fires when central heating on ok.dhw none, know the bascis changed diaphram and then changed mixer valve but pin on the diaphram still dosent come out approx 11mm..stripped valve and all is very free moving, do i need another divertor valve as i got two seconhand ones now.any help woiuld be gratefull.

Sponsored Links
John,
Try watching the pin while you adjust the thermostatic mixing valve. Maybe you need a little more flow to push the diaphragm over. You can also remove the screw that holds the plastic knob onto the mixer valve, turn the knob round and refit it in a different position to give more range of movement.

beleive it or not but tried that at 1am last night.you know when things pop into your mind.no luck with moving the knob,tried even to short the switch to ensure pump came on to push hot round but no good,could the divertor valve itself be sticking in centraql heating mode all time,is there a way to sort out valve as got a spare second hand one now as well.cheers john

Sponsored Links
John,

I've been looking through my manual to see what it could be. There isn't much to the diverter valve really, it's usually the diaphragm that splits but you've already renewed that. (There is a small valve on the inlet pipe to the diverter valve, you haven't accidently turned that off?)
If the burner fires up when you short out the switch, likewise the pump for the other switch then it looks like a water flow problem. Water pressure OK otherwise? It could be your plate heat exchanger blocked. It happens a lot in hard water areas where it gets blocked with limescale but I think that your water is OK (ish?).
Perhaps you might like to speak to Grant technical, 01380-736920.

:D :D another diaphram free from supplier as all pointed to divertor valve but expensive and was free to move.and fitted,all working fine now,can see a slmall hole in the supposed new silicone diaphram.informed supplier and he is going to refund me.
the information gained has helped heaps,great site recommend to others
many thanks john :p :D :D

Well done John. Holes in the diaphragm can be difficult to spot. ( I usually thread a piece of paper through the hole to show the customer.) Bad luck getting a new one with a hole in though!!!! :cry:

doing my head in now,when water comes on in dhw the rads get hot how

now we have a problem with over pressure in boiler.goes to 2.7 and prv leaking constant.
£80 plus vat new exchanger just.boiler only just over 16months old.can i get it repaired or cheaper anywhere?

Yes. The boiler is still under warranty if it's 16 months old. Who charged you for a heat exchanger? Why not write in complete sentences that make sense when YOU read them, before you post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back