Grant Outdoor Vortex Combi 26 causing problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents had an outdoor vortex combi 26 boiler installed in October 2007 and since then have had lots of problems, initially with pressure falling and then two leaks inside the boiler. Boiler was serviced last week and needed a new part (pressure valve? - sorry cannot remember!). Have just been round to my Mum's - boiler had stopped working. Overheat light was on so she pressed the re-set button. Boiler fired up for a couple of seconds then went off again. This time no overheat light on but the "on" light was not on either. We called the on-call engineer who suggested trying to let more water in (pressure at about 0.75) but unable to shift the "tap" (I'm on crutches and my Mum is 82 with very arthritic hands).

The engineer has assured us an engineer will come out on Monday and in the meantime Mum has a cold house and no hot water.

Has she just been unlucky with this boiler? Generally comments on the internet seem very positive about Grant boilers. The boiler was installed and has been serviced by professionals.

Any feedback/suggestions/help would be welcome!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back