Grant vortex boiler no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know if there is an internal fuse for the grant vortex eco utility boiler. My power went off and when it came back i have no power to the boiler. No power light, no sign of life. Im guessing the fuse may have blown.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by " my power went off and came back on" ??
Is the electric supply cable to the boiler via a plug and socket or wired into a fused connection unit ?

I turned the main fuse in the fuse box off to replace a light switch in the dining room and when i turned it back on the boiler wasnt working and the light on the power switch itself wasnt illuminated. Seems theres no power getting to the boiler.

As for the wiring. There's no plug and socket and i can't find a fuse connector unit but the cables go up through the ceiling so not sure where they lead. Was wondering if there was a fuse on thr boiler itself

Sponsored Links
You can't " turn a fuse off". If you mean that you turned off the main switch on your fuse board or consumer unit and this switched off every circuit ,whilst you changed a light switch, that would not cause a power failure to your boiler ,or blow a fuse within the boiler .
You need to establish where your boiler / timer /programmer for boiler and central heating etc gets its electric supply from.
Do you have any wireless controls for boiler ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back