Great start to the new year, colapsed drain :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is the correct section, sorry if not.

For a start, all best for the new year folks

Not that i am in the spirit now, after one hell of a bad year with having eye surgery, then a virus then fracturing my foot then whip lash this had to just finish it bloody off

Yesterday i went around the back of the shed to find all the contents of maybe a weeks full of body waiste was bobing about, literly i though oh **** so i went cleaned up and tryied to find the blockage from the soil pipe end, but to no avail.
So out come the drain guys who unblocked it then found the problem with the CCTV rod. Now i built a conservatorie a few years back and i repaced a lot of the pot pipe with new plastic so i thought i had cocked up some where but no there is a fracture and misaligment in the pipe around the back of the house about 8 foot from the man hole, and under the new workshop i have not long built, this hasnt contributed to the break though as it is 4 foot down and the drain guy says it an old one that has moved over a long time.

Could of been worse and under the con`y, i guess.SWMBO would of killed me if we had to rip it down

SO, now after my moan ( sorry ) i am trying to find out who, if anyone is liable for repairs, or is it down to us, the home owner ,not rented, if only.

And the man hole which 4 houses drain to is on our land aswell as the feed from our house

I heard from somebody a few years back about the council do the reapirs on certain age houses, is this correct? It is Ex council house of around 45 years old but been privately owned for near 20 years.

Shal i just start digging........my own grave

Have a good one guys n gals

wayne :D :D

Sponsored Links
Have a look @ your local sewerage company website :idea: they all usually have diagrams as to their ( new) responsibilities - you might be lucky ;)Worst case is it`s yours - then look for drain lining systems :idea: Then see if your insurance covers it - but don`t hold your breath :rolleyes:

Have a look @ your local sewerage company website :idea: they all usually have diagrams as to their ( new) responsibilities - you might be lucky ;)Worst case is it`s yours - then look for drain lining systems :idea: Then see if your insurance covers it - but don`t hold your breath :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice mate, i know it cant be lined, the drain lads told me and shown me on the CCTV, i will look on the LSC website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back