greenstar 24i still has a fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi since my last comments on my faulty boiler i have changed the fan unit which was faulty,now the unit runs but fails to light the burner ie is failing in the ignition sequence ? i have just fitted a new control panel but it did not make any difference.On start up the pump runs and the fan runs but after about one and a half mins it goes into fault leaving the fault light flashing on/off and the blue light normally off and flashing on has anybody got any suggestions? :idea:

Sponsored Links
sorry but u sill need rgi as changed the fan this can effect many parts of cumbustion thus can not help

This is without doubt a fault which you should not be attempting to fix. Chucking parts at your boiler is fruitless (and expensive). This boiler will need to be setup correctly and to do this a gas analyser is required together with the expertise.

Hi since my last comments on my faulty boiler i have changed the fan unit which was faulty,now the unit runs but fails to light the burner ie is failing in the ignition sequence ? i have just fitted a new control panel but it did not make any difference.On start up the pump runs and the fan runs but after about one and a half mins it goes into fault leaving the fault light flashing on/off and the blue light normally off and flashing on has anybody got any suggestions? :idea:
Mate, this is a dead easy one.
1/ Source a good and reputable Gas trainer
2/ Pay them several thousand pounds to gain the qualification
3/Pass your ACS (this actually allows you to work on the appliance).
4/ Locate the fault without exposing you or your family to premature demise or prosecution. Or..... hire a professional RGI. Can't apologise for my sarcasm but all the other lads have said it all.

Sponsored Links
Gas pressent at correct pressure?
Combustion CO2 level?
Flue condition?
Ignition electrodes/harness/connections
Gas valve (coils 140-190 ohms)/ low voltage harness connection.

Unless you have expertise to check these, and Qualified to do so get an RGI

this has got to be a ****take. without an fga changing a fan will most always need the gas valve setting up. OP what goes around comes around. hope you spend a small fortune.

Gas pressent at correct pressure?
Combustion CO2 level?
Flue condition?
Ignition electrodes/harness/connections
Gas valve (coils 140-190 ohms)/ low voltage harness connection.

Unless you have expertise to check these, and Qualified to do so get an RGI
Martin ur bang on...it is the gas valve but this fella shouldn't b working on the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back