Greenstar 28i junior HW performance issue

Sponsored Links
Common sense tells you that if the input is colder then the output will be colder.

Never heard so much boloney. Are you seriously saying that everyone's combis provide what the OP describes as luke warm water in winter? A modern 28kw boiler like the OP's? You're just taking a ridiculous standpoint for attention, or you're completely deluded. :rolleyes:

Also, if the 'luke' warm water is because of colder incoming main, why has the OP never experienced this in previous winters that have been even colder?

So if the heat energy from his boiler doesn't go into the cold water as it passes through - then where does it go? The laws of physics say it must go somewhere. So you tell me where it goes then. :confused:

If you're so desperate to learn how boilers work go and buy a f**king book.
Stop pouring rubbish over all the threads started by people looking for a bit of proper help.

My understanding is that the boiler should modulate to provide the correct temperature water even in colder weather, whilst I agree there may be some temperature difference In winter I'm sure in 2013 nobody would expect like warm water every time it's cold,

So whilst there's logic to your point I've got to say I agree more so with the posters that state a 28kw boiler should provide decent hot water !

Well every other combi seems to ...

So what needs checking and testing please wats the usual problem in this scenario

Sponsored Links
So if the heat energy from his boiler doesn't go into the cold water as it passes through - then where does it go? The laws of physics say it must go somewhere. So you tell me where it goes then. :confused:
Oh, for god's sake! For a self professed boiler expert you have extremely little knowledge about how boilers actually work.

A 28 kw premix like the greenstar has an automatically adjusting output that throttles back to about a quarter of the maximum output if it can't dissipate the heat from the main hex, or satisfaction of the primary circuit is reached in any other way.
At least half a dozen different reasons for this.

So it's not a matter of the heat not going anywhere, it's a matter of heat not being produced. :rolleyes:

If the water in Bradford is hard, your boiler's plate heat exchanger may be scaled up. The primary side of the hex may also be partially blocked. Likely you will need the hex cleaned or a new one.

We have soft water in Yorkshire. It's God's reward for being the best county in Great Britain :D

Surely all that hard water will be God's punishment?

Common sense tells you that if the input is colder then the output will be colder.

proper common sense would tell you that if a boiler was set at 50° , it would use less gas in summer to reach the set temp and more gas in winter.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back