greenstar 30cdi stuck in purge mode?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after recenctly turning her boiler back on my sisters greenstar does not get past displaying 20% in its intial purge sequence.it's a conventional boiler with 3 zone valves cylinder stat but no room stats or programmer?the pump turns on and off as the boiler clicks on and off.i am thinking either fault at boiler or zone valves any help???

Sponsored Links
The pump purge is a once in a life time procedure regardless of turning it off.

Sponsored Links
I thought it did that after the mains had been disconnected for a while?

Tony

Thats the syphon fill. About 15mins with the T's.

Pump purge which OP has described is 8mins. And once only. Has a % symbol....sorta!

This happened to me after I put one into service mode to check ratio. Couldnt get it out again even after level 2 reset.
Was still under warrenty (just) so got Worcsester out and they changed the board.

Stan

Agile said:
Motto never put it into service mode ???

Got me worried aswell lol

I always do it on gas safetys to gas rate! Ill think twice now

If water pressure is low/restrictor a little blocked the boiler will modulate down before FGA can be carried out so got to stick it in service to set the diverter.

Agile said:
Tony I never suggested he did! I mearly pasted on my experience that I have had these boilers stuck in purge mode and its the PCB.

Agile said:

Got me worried aswell lol

I always do it on gas safetys to gas rate! Ill think twice now

I always put these in service mode for service and during commissioning to get the hw flow rate from the turbine, I have never had one stick. Yet :LOL:

...it's a conventional boiler with 3 zone valves cylinder stat but no room stats or programmer?...
:confused:
That is somewhat unlikely.
Without a timer and/or thermostat, the valves would never be activated.

What makes you think it is working at 20%?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back