Greenstar (Worchester) 25HE Combi Boiler...advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new to the forum but hope somebody could provide me with some advice.

I have just moved into to a new house. The boiler is a Combi with a 'Mega-Flo' tank - is this like an immersion heater?

Most of the radiators have TRV valves on. My question is... The boiler has no time swith so in effect is 'ON' all the time. I set the TRV to the required temp but then during the day when I'm out they are obviously still heating an empty house!

Can I fit a timer to this type of system to make it more economical to use or is this type of boiler supposed to work like this.. i'm just afraid of getting a HUGH gas bill in next quarter.

An advice or links to an explaination would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mak

Sponsored Links
A room stat AND a time clock are required under the Building Regulations.

If its really a new house then I would suggest you get the Developers to fit these free for you.

If you dont want to be bothered then you can fit or get them fitted yourself.

The room stat is perhaps less important but the timeclock is! However the two functions are combined in a programmable thermostat, these cost from £20 to £120.

I think your boiler has probably got a cutout to fit the manufacturer's timeclock but this is going to cost as much or more than a programmable stat.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Wow...speedy reply..thanks...both of you :)

I'll look on the Worcester website for room stat & timeclock.

In your opinion - would I benefit from a timer efficiency wise - i know it depends on usage etc but to me it seems crazy that the boiler is on all the time!

Thanks again

mak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back