Grinding juddering noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've got a new system (Santon unvented, WBosch boiler) and have been experiencing a strange noise which occurs briefly when the hot tap is initially turned on.

I can only describe it as a grinding/juddering sound and it sounds as though its from the loft (where the cylinder/boiler are).

e.g. I turn on the bath taps in the morning, get a good flow of water for maybe half a second , then the juddering noise and the flow decreases significantly.

Any ideas ? I've asked the installer who seemed a bit stumped (he knew about hammering and squeaking but not grinding/juddering :LOL: )

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
Yeah its always done it - system is only 4 months old ;)

Seems to happen more if h/w not been used for a while e.g. first thing in morning ?

Sponsored Links
yeah i did !

Problem is that is not reproducible. It often happens the first time the hot water is used after a period of non-use. but not always

and when he came to look at it, it happened once but then not again so he couldn't home in on what was causing it

He's coming abck this week but just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back