Grinding/Polishing Indian Limestone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I picked up 12 Indian Limestone slabs which are black in colour for a givaway price on eBay. Unfortunately I didn't realise they were heavily weathered and the surface is silver/grey and flaking away sheets. As they're slightly riven I thought it must be possible to polish them to match my honed Limestone I have elsewehere. I don't want to acheive a high polish at all, but just remove some of the flakiness and smooth/seal the surface some more. Obviously a dedicated patio polisher is out of the question but I've noticed you can buy 4" diamond discs in various grades quite cheap for polishing stone and concrete. I've also seen this wet polisher quite cheap, but don't want to buy another tool either given that the limestone only cost me £20:

Wet Polisher

I do have Kestral Das-6 Pro Dual Action (random orbital) polisher I use to compound my car bodywork. Would a diamond disc fitted to my DA polisher with a thoroughly wetted stone acehive any results?? Das-6 Pro

Failing that, I could get a basic angle grinder if that can be used perfectly flat to the stone face. Here's the limestone laid as coping stones in the dry:

6716236-F-F121-4531-B750-E9-A6-F7-F7-BB40.jpg

and once wet:

3-EAD8-A09-6692-4-B7-E-95-F1-F7-B08-AD4190-B.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back