Gross

Eddie M said:
The paramedics took hold of the corpse,

I know an ambulance man (not a paramedic though). He was telling me that in order for him to pronounce someone dead at the scene, the head has to be a minimum distance from the body. He wasn't certain, but thought it might be 2 feet. :eek:

Yup, if your head is a mere 6 inches from the rest of you, they are technically supposed to attempt resuscitation.

I guess if you are a doctor or paramedic then you don't need such a clear case of decapitation, but the rules are there because of litigation attempts in the past where no attempt has been made to resuscitate people who are very very dead.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Eddie M said:
The paramedics took hold of the corpse,

I know an ambulance man (not a paramedic though). He was telling me that in order for him to pronounce someone dead at the scene, the head has to be a minimum distance from the body. He wasn't certain, but thought it might be 2 feet. :eek:

Yup, if your head is a mere 6 inches from the rest of you, they are technically supposed to attempt resuscitation.

I guess if you are a doctor or paramedic then you don't need such a clear case of decapitation, but the rules are there because of litigation attempts in the past where no attempt has been made to resuscitate people who are very very dead.
would be difficult with one of those African Tribal Ladies, with the neckbands :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back