Grotherm 1000 mixer valve disaster

The bar mixer screws straight on to the face plate you can see in the picture. I am trying to send you a new picture with the bar attached to the plate but it doesn't seem to want to upload

Sponsored Links
These are the parts you should have.

bar-mixer-valve-fixing-kit-00016361M.jpg

Okay, and if I have all that then I should be okay? I am assuming top left is what it all looks like together?. I do not have the little round piece that comes after the olive in your picture and it was not in the box that the guy sold me. The shower actually worked pretty well but there was water running back down the wall

Yes thats what it looks like and with all parts it will not leak.

If you can screw the mixer on then it sounds like you have the part.
Remove the mixer, Then look at the threaded part the mixer screwed on to does it have 2 flat edges on it on the threads ?

Sponsored Links
Right hold the wall plate tight in your hand or something and with an adjustable spanner on the 2 flats on the thread unscrew it anticlockwise.

Tell me if it comes apart.

Now look at the 2 ends you have unscrewed, thats where the olive go's.
They should both have chamfered edges to hold the olive.

Im not sure what I do with the olive now. Does it go on the pipe? and then I put on the piece we have just unscrewed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back