Ground Spikes for a Rotary Airer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how I would go about cementing in a ground spike for my rotary airer?

Sponsored Links
Cementing it into where? A lawn or a patio?

Either way I guess it's the same sort of procedure. You'll have to dig out a hole not quite as deep as the spike, width I guess however wide you want it and depending on what ground the hole is in I guess. Insert spike into ground below and make sure it's bang on upright. Fill with concrete taking care not to fill the hole of the spike.

Well, just a guess but that's how I'd do it.

If it's going in a lawn though just knock it into the soil til it sits flush with the ground.

regards

Fred

Thanks Fred, am cementing into lawn as I tried it without cement but as I have a dog the lawn is a bit bumpy and like a mud slick when it rains!! The rotary has gone a bit wonky so will try cementing it in. Also, thank you for replying to painting query email.

Brindle

FredFlintstone said:
Cementing it into where? A lawn or a patio?

Either way I guess it's the same sort of procedure. You'll have to dig out a hole not quite as deep as the spike, width I guess however wide you want it and depending on what ground the hole is in I guess. Insert spike into ground below and make sure it's bang on upright. Fill with concrete taking care not to fill the hole of the spike.

Well, just a guess but that's how I'd do it.

If it's going in a lawn though just knock it into the soil til it sits flush with the ground.

regards

Fred

Fill a old bucket with concrete set the spike in this, when its set bury in the garden,I`ve done this seems to work and her indoors as never complained! well not about this anyway.

Sponsored Links
leave concrete about 6 inches lowerr than the ground level. you can backfill with soil over the top and the grass will happily grow then

you sure it needs a spike?

i had one at my old house that slotted perfectly in to abit of 40mm plastic pipe i had concreted under the lawn surface

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back