grout depth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much below the tile face should grout ideally be or is it not that important? I ask because I have just put 300mm polished tiles on a wall and these tiles have a bevel around them of approx 2mm and a spacing of about 3mm. I have always used a wetted finger to finish grout which has always given a suitable depth. However, in this case, because of the bevel, the finger method seems too have made grout level too deep which I am concerned may make cleaning more difficult. For bevelled tiles, should the grout sit level with the bottom of the bevel. What is the recommended method of obtaining a good grout profile.

Sponsored Links
I would think it best to try to fill to the bottom of the bevel- it's the only way you are going to obtain a 'straight line' grout surface.
Also there seems little point in having a bevel if you fill it in :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back