GRP Roof Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm having a bit of a nightmare. Over the joists of my garage I laid OSB T&G, wetted it out then laid 600g CSM followed by more resin then a topcoat. It's only been down about 2 weeks but now there is heavy rain there are drips coming through the joins of the OSB board in about 3 places. I went up and inspected the roof and there are a few areas where the topcoat is very thin and you can clearly see the fibres of the CSM. Are these thin patches of topcoat enough to cause the roof to leak?

Thx Rich

Sponsored Links
Top coat it again.

Yes it will leak through if the top coat is a bit thin and the water may be lying in places too.

Okay thanks. I've ordered another load of topcoat and about 40 x 60 grit sanding pads :(. I guess the areas short on top coat are also low lying so the water is pooling in there making it worse.

Sponsored Links
Hard graft fibre glassing a large area and you should not see any fibre strands prior to top coating never mind after!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back